Tuesday, October 1, 2013

26. BalancFaith

“Who were they David?” I asked while savoring the chocolate taste of the candy.

“Who?”

“Henry and the brunette.”

“Aaahh the brunette is Alicia, Jillian’s sister and Henry is her son.”
I made a silent o.

“Alicia had always loved me, even after the arson, she forgave me and continue loving me as sister would to a brother.” David started to explain.

“A few years ago her husband was transferred here and they all moved here. It was a coincidence that not long after that I reached this same city and met Alicia on the street. It was a coincidence but it was necessary. For me and for Alicia.” David took a deep breath and looked at me.

“Remember bella, we discussed that the universe was created on a balance? And that everything and every moment has a part in that balance.”
I nodded.

“Well, Alicia was having a hard time adjusting and she found a familiar face and my soul was restless from what I had done but knowing that she forgave me calmed me down. We needed each other and the universe brought us together. Ain’t it great?” David smiled and looked up at the sky.

“Things that happens here, the miracles and the accidents, they always have a reason for it and that’s how this universe works. All we have to do is to have faith. All we need is a little faith.”

“Have you ever had an unsettling feeling about something, bella?” he asked. “Some incident in your life that you feel isn’t resolved yet? Something you wish you have the chance to have a closer about?”

I nodded silently. I was thinking about mom, how I left without saying bye. Then I thought about Daniel, how I wish I had the courage back then to fight for him, or the very least be honest to him, how much he had hurt me.


“You will get the time for a closure bella, you always do. But that time might come tomorrow or next year or in the next ten, you can never know. All you can do is be patient and be ready.”

No comments:

Post a Comment