Sunday, October 31, 2010

Chapter 7. Beautiful Soul and Small Eyes


7

That day I went back home feeling somehow different than how I usually feel. The small rented room I sleep in didn't seem as gloomy as it had always been.

I crashed myself onto my bed and let that foreign feeling radiates to every bit of my body, from the tip of hair to the tip of my toe. It was a Saturday night, no school tomorrow and I didn't have to wake up early. I decided to go out and see the town through some beer glasses.

I took a semi-long warm shower, put on a sexy backless green dress that showed a little of my cleavage and thighs. The wings tattooed on to my back were revealed and I liked it that way, so instead of letting my hair down, I tied it up in somewhat of a bun.

For a while I thought of calling one of my fellow teachers whom I knew always an angel at school and a devil when the weekend comes. She was a happy go lucky girl who can be pretty diplomatic. It was hard to now her real character, she was like a chameleon and turns into what she needs to be to blend in. However, I never felt threatened by her; perhaps because she never really bothered to ask about my life and pretend to be interested like most people do.

At last I decided I wanted to go alone, I took her number with me just incase I changed my mind and wanted some company.

I went to grab dinner first at a traditional serving resto that had became very popular among the youngsters. And the first person I met there was none other than Mauryn, the fellow teacher I was thinking about calling earlier. I guess it's true what they say, whisper to the universe, you'll always be heard.

She was excited to meet me, she was with some friends and her boyfriend, and knowing I went out alone; she forced me and even pleaded me to join them. Well, after all the pleading, I can't really refuse them.

The night was awesome. We went to this bar where they serve cheap wine produced in Thailand itself. The wine tasted sweet and gets you real high real quick. Mauryn knew the bar owner and everyone there, she said she hang out there most of her free time.

We drank, we danced, and we played some drinking games and drank some more. I was laughing until my cheek hurt and my stomach cramped. The night was so much fun, I did not want it to end.

At 4 a.m. when the bar finally closed and we were chased out, we went to a 24 hour mart and bought sandwiches, chips and anything we could eat, and head out to sit in the park near there. We ate our junk food waiting for the sun to rise.

"You are so much fun Emma, how come we never hung out before?" Mauryn asked with her slurry speech (still a little too drunk)

I laughed without an answer

"You know, I can see that you are a beautiful person..." she added

"Why thank you, I think my eyes are a little small, but thank you..." I said gesturing a thank you with my hand waves.

"No... Not your physical appearance, your soul... its radiant... with shiny beautiful colors." she said and started laughing and giggling.

I laughed and laughed, I didn't understand what she was trying to say and so I just laughed cause I thought it was funny.

She suddenly hugged me and kissed my cheek… “Emma, you are beautiful, your soul is so beautiful…” she said and hugged me tighter. She let me go and her hands danced around my head, “your aura… so colorful… you have been through a lot haven’t you?” she asked

“It’s funny… I met this guy earlier and he said the same thing…” I said remembering what David said earlier this afternoon.

“Awww… see, you are glowing…” she said and kissed my cheek again.

Then James, Mauryn’s boyfriend, suggested that we sneak in to one of the villas there and use the swimming pool. We all, like fools, sneaked into this huge villa and swam in our underwear’s and even skinny dipping. We sobered up after the swim and saw the sunrise then we all went to our respective homes and slept like drunken babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment