Saturday, November 6, 2010

Chapter 11. David


11

When I reached the park David was already there. He smiled and asked about my day. I smiled and told him how I enjoyed my day. David closed his eyes while listening; he would nod once in a while or smile and giggle. It was as though he was imagining what I was telling him behind his closed eyes.

There was something about him that was so calming, since the first day I met him, I felt that, and I realized that the past few days, he was the reason of my smiles, he and his box of candies. 

I stopped telling my story and just stared at him, he opened his eyes and looked at me with curiosity. 

 "What is it gorgeous?" he asked
.

I shook my head. I really didn't know what to tell him. He stopped me from taking my own life, he encouraged me to reconnect with my family, and he brought me back to my pass and then taught me how to enjoy the present. He showed me so many colors that I never realized existed. 

At the moment, he seemed to me as a guardian angel sent from above. 



Where did he come from anyways, what did he do? He seemed so mysterious. 

I was going to ask him to tell me something about his personal life when, as though reading my thoughts, he started his narration. 

 "You know bella, when I was young, I did some pretty messed up things..." he started. "I was married once..." he said



"Really?" I couldn't hide my surprise. He laughed. 



"Though I was brought up with traveling hippies as parents, there was a point in my life that I was tired of living from places to places. I hated what my parents did, you know that rebellion phase..." he chuckled. 
 
 "I went to collage like any normal kids; after being home schooled all that while, I enjoyed the diversity in college. It was refreshing. And then I met Jillian... a beauty..." he smiled and closed his eyes as though remembering how pretty she was.

He then told me the story of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment