Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chapter 18. 2 Candies

18

"That was the story how I fell, stayed fallen, walked on the path of destruction and then back up again." he looked at me and smiled.



I smiled back. Although his story was one of a depressing manner, at the end of it I felt warmth. As though I could feel what he felt and felt that there was still light at the end of the dark tunnel. I didn't know what to say to him so I stayed quiet.



"Bella, there must be things you do in life that you regretted. Things you wished you hadn’t done. Things that had hurt people, things that had hurt you. Those are lessons. Those are the past. You learned from them, but you must not let them stop your path. Others that you had hurt might or might not forgive you, but it is always important to forgive yourself." He said



"As my dad says, hell is filled with people who never made mistakes. So mistakes are path to heaven.” He winked at me. I laughed.

"My dad let me choose the candy I wanted for the day after that very day, although, he never let me have more than one in a day. No matter how bad the one I took tasted." He said. "You are lucky young lady that I let u have another one when the one you took didn’t please you." he waved his finger on my nose. I smile innocently.



He opened the box of candy and let me choose. I took the one with a dark green color and before my hand was away from the box he told me to take another one. I chose the white one.



As I learnt from my previous encounter with the candies, I tried to make no assumption of their tastes. But bad habit dies hard. I thought the green would taste like grass or something and the white taste like milk.



No comments:

Post a Comment