Monday, November 8, 2010

Chapter 13. Love, Hate and Revenge


13

David took a long breath before he continued; "One day, I saw a man a woman came out of the house, got into the car and drove away. I assumed it was Jillian and James. Thinking the house was empty, I poured fuel around the house and burnt it down" 



I took a deep sharp breath, he shook his head in despair, 

 "It wasn't long before the house started to flare. And to my surprise, James's car pulled near the burning house and he was alone. His face was pale like a ghost and he ran towards the door screaming 'Jillian!!! Jillian' and when the firemen stopped him he kept screaming 'my wife is in there!!'" 

David sighed and shrugged, it was as though he was living that moment of terror once again. I saw his face turning pale, 

"the blood rushed out of my head, I went blank for a moment. I forgot to breath. I can’t comprehend what's going on. Jillian is in there??? was my first thought that came after the blank..."

"I ran as fast as I could towards the house. While most of the firemen were holding James away from the house, I could easily dash into the burning house. I went through the house and the fire and the smoke, I couldn't see clearly, but it didn’t matter... I remembered the house well.


"I ran straight to the main bed room... and there she was, bending over the bed side table, rumbling through the drawers. I called out her name telling her that we need to get out, I pulled her but she pushed me away and went back to the drawer. She said she needed to get her treasure or some sort. When she at last got what she needed she looked at me and gave a faint smile as though she just realized I was there and she fell to my arms. 
 I carried her out, I thought I had saved her, but she sustained too much burn wounds and she had a miscarriage and bleeding. She was alive when I brought her out but she died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital." David closed his eyes. I could see sorrow and pain in his face. 



"I'm so sorry to hear that." I said. He shook his head. 



"What made it more heart breaking than anything else was when I carried her out, once we were out, she looked at me and smiled weakly, she called out my name in a her soft voice and she reached my hand with hers and handed me what was in her hand. The thing she risked her life for.


"It was a chain, the chain I had given her on our first anniversary. It had a pendulum on it where a picture of me and her was in the two sided pendulum."



David sighed.

"She still loved me... she loved me till the end. Yes, she left me for comfort, but she never stopped loving me. The thing she risked her life for, the thing she valued more than life was the identification of my love for her...


"I couldn't breath, my lungs collapsed, my mind stopped working. I wanted nothing more than death to come get me at that time."

No comments:

Post a Comment