Sunday, November 21, 2010

Chapter 20. Opportunities

20

“Go on Bella, don’t you wanna try the other candy?” David asked nodding to the candy in my hand. I had forgotten all about it and it had melted a little on to my hand and it was sticky.

“Look at that, the warmth of your hand melted the candy…” he said with an astonished tone.

“Just like opportunities, if you just hold on to them and not take and make the best of them, they will just melt with time and your illusion that you still have ‘em.” He said winking his eye. “Opportunities never come twice, bella. Grab ‘em when you can, don’t wait for a better one, it might never come.”

“And if a better one does come later?” I asked.

“Then grab it too… simple.” He said with a simple smile. I shook my head and laugh. The way he made things seems simple makes me wonder if he ever had hard times in making choices. But perhaps what he had been through made him adapt to change faster than normal people. He did go through a lot to realize that things could be simple if we want them to be.

“Life is as it is complicated and confusing like messed up strings. Why make it worse? Simplify things; flow with it, eventually you will reach one end of it. If you tug on the messed up strings, you will just tie them all up and make it worse, but if you patiently follow the route of each string, or even just one of those strings, you will eventually reach one end of it and pull it out from the mess.

“And if in between you reach a cross way, that is you are face with decision to make, choices to choose, be confident in what you chose. Follow your heart, use your brain, trust your soul and don’t let your ego rides you and you will be fine.

“Life, bella, can be simple if you want it to be.” He said, conforming my thoughts just moments earlier.

“Now go on, eat the candy before it completely melts away.” He added.

The moment the half melted candy touched my tongue I felt the sour sweet taste of yogurt filled my mouth. It was cooling and it washed away the stinging mint taste that was left.

No comments:

Post a Comment