Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chapter 12. Life


12

“We finished collage together and I started a business with my best friend, James. My parents wanted me to join them again on their quests, but I wanted a simple normal life. 

I married Jillian not long after we graduated, and my business was rocketing fast. My work and personal life couldn't balance each other. I was ambitious, I wanted to be no one so I worked hard and gave more than just half of me to my work. 

 I used to go places and travel for my business. In my ego to be number one, I forgot about my loving, caring, always faithful wife. 

 For more than 15 years we were married, we never had any kids, although she wanted one badly. For more than 15 years, she kept quiet when I placed my work ahead of her. I guess even the strongest of stones would still crack under an enormous pressure." he sighed.

"The continuation is as any drama series; She had an affair with James and decided to leave me for him." he sighed again

 I rubbed his shoulder; I knew that pain, heard about it a million times. Pain and hurt that love, guilt, rejection and regrets bring.

"When all that came down, I became a drunk, a mean one. I wanted to wash away all the pain, and I kept drinking. I lost my wife, my life, my work, my house, my everything, until what was left was the clothes on me."

"But it wasn't until I found out she was pregnant with his kid that my rage became uncontrollable. Before I could stop myself, hatred wrapped around me and I was indulge in avenging them,” he sighed. For a moment I saw his dull eyes radiates pain and sorrow. Then he looked at me and forced a smile. 

 "Things you do in rage is like nailing a wall, you can be sorry for it later and take out the nail, but the hole stays. So will the scars. Remember that bella, next time your rage urge you into harming others, stop and don’t let your emotions control you."

 I nodded. He sighed again, "I wish I had someone to remind me about that at that time. Looking at their lives, jealousy ate me up! That was supposed to be me! That's supposed to be my life, my wife, my home, my kid!... all these thoughts buzzed in my head. I wanted it back! And if I can't have it, they shouldn't have it too, was what I thought." 

I felt a chill ran down my spine, I had a feeling I wouldn't like the next part.

No comments:

Post a Comment