Thursday, November 11, 2010

Chapter 16. Hell Is Filled With People Who Never Made Mistakes

16

"My stories to him often filled with tears and rage. At every session I would feel defeated and tired and I would run back to alcohol, just so that I could sleep.



"My father, being a wise man as he was, would just comfort me by placing his hand on my shoulder, or share a beer or a joint. He did not ask if I didn’t say, neither he inquired more, but just his presence made me speak. He knew it was my remorse and regrets that led me to the path of destruction.



"One day, and I remember that day clearly, we had parked our house van at a clearing in one of the national parks in Europe. I was sitting at the front porch, smoking a joint and admiring the nature. He came and sat next to me. 



"He said, 'Son, the hell is filled with people who never made mistakes and never sinned', I laughed at his sentence. 'Think about it, no human on this planet had never made any mistake. If they think otherwise then they are the most ignorant people thus would have made more mistakes and sins than any other man. And only one place serves them right, hell'


'Every once in a while, we fall to this black hole that has the ability to suck us in deeper until we no longer exist in the real world. There are 2 types of people when it comes to that situation; the courageous ones, those who fights back the waves and come out of the black hole more knowledgeable, wiser and more careful and insightful about the other black holes that will pass his path. The other is the fool who gives up and gives in to the self-destructive nature of the black hole. The fools are afraid of change; they get too comfortable in their black hole. They are afraid that even if they leave this black hole, they will just fall into another one, so they give up the fight and reside in the path of destruction.’ My father paused and looked me in the eye and asked, ‘Which one are you?'

I didn't have an answer. He tapped on my shoulder and got up and left. Before he entered he turned back and added 'Always know that who you are is not granted, it is always a choice. You create your own self, you create your own destiny.'

No comments:

Post a Comment